Welcome to Our Fiduciary Training Page! We are passionate about fiduciary responsibility and we want to help you learn your roles and responsibilities as a fiduciary. If you are interested in learning a little more, here is what you can do:
1. Watch this video on basic fiduciary responsibility.
Sheldon Smith, an ERISA attorney with Bryan Cave LLP, has been one of the country’s foremost continuing professional education instructors for thirty years. In his video below, Mr. Smith provides a summary of the duties imposed on plan fiduciaries and best practices fiduciaries should follow regarding plan governance.
2. Take the Follow-up Quiz. Are you comfortable with the information presented by Mr. Smith? Take our five-question quiz and see for sure! Take the Quiz
3. If you’re very dedicated to your education, then read the DOL’s brochure: Meeting Your Fiduciary Responsibilities.
4. Review the ERISA Fiduciary Advisor, which provides information and answers to a variety of questions about who is a fiduciary and their responsibilities under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
5. If you want to further improve your fiduciary expertise, take a comprehensive online training, Fiduciary Essentials® for Investment Stewards, based on the work of the Center for Fiduciary Studies.™
Fiduciary Training with fi360 will help you understand the more detailed responsibilities of plan fiduciaries, and provide greater insight into the legal framework that regulates the fiduciary experience. To help plan stewards more easily understand the seven precepts of a fiduciary, there are sections that explain: the roles of the different plan actors; the seven fiduciary precepts; how a plan fiduciary is to apply each precept; and how these precepts have played out in the legal and regulatory framework
Main issues in litigation and regulation are topics on our blog, and covered by plan sponsor-oriented media sources like PLANSPONSOR magazine and Benefits Pro. To keep yourself fully informed after taking this full training, these news sources are the best way to access information about current issues and regulatory changes.